Monday, September 8, 2008

Rain

I have no brilliant information to add to the Book of Ashleigh today. The only thing I can think about is the weather outside today. So I am going to write about that for my second entry on this blog. I wish I had something more inspirational and amazing to say, but this is all you're getting for today. Try me tomorrow when my brain isn't fried from too much homework.

Today it is absolutely nasty outside. It started out quite pleasantly this morning with a bit of an overcast, yet still warmish morning. Then on my way out of chapel this morning, it started raining. I hate rain. I hate being wet in general. I'm kind of like the Wicked Witch of the West, if I get wet my happiness melts into a nasty puddle of goop.

Rain is a terrible thing in college because you can't escape from it. You still have to go to class and the dining hall and whatnot even though you may get thoroughly soaked on the way there and smell of musty clothing for your entire class along with twenty other musty smelling classmates. I don't know how professors take it sometimes to be honest with you. I personally would not want to be in a room full of very wet people who are slowly growing mildew in their clothes, much less teach them anything while they are sitting in their wetness.

The other thing I absolutely hate about rain and college is that whilst you are walking to all of your classes in the grossness, water slowly starts climbing up your jeans. Unless you have rain boots, there is absolutely no way to avoid this. After a while, you have water up to your knees, and you just have to sit there and be cold during class. It is absolutely miserable, especially if you are like me and hate being wet anyway.

The one thing that is good about the rain does kind of make a comforting sound on an umbrella or the sidewalk. It's kind of nice, even if you do have nasty, musty-smelling jeans. Also the rain really does make you appreciate being dry. There are few things in life as nice as putting on a dry pair of pants after wearing jeans with water up the knees. It's quite pleasant.

No comments: